- What stage is my bile duct cancer? Can you explain what that means?
- What type of treatment can I have for my stage of bile duct cancer?
- Is there any choice of suitable treatment?
- What is the aim of my treatment? To try and cure the cancer or control it?
- Are there any new treatments for bile duct cancer?
- Are there any clinical trials open to me?
- Can I have surgery?
- What type of operation do you recommend? Why?
- How long will I be in hospital if I have surgery? How long should it take me to get over it?
- What are the long term effects of the surgery?
- Should I have chemotherapy after surgery?
About other types of treatment
- What types of treatment are there, apart from surgery?
- What are the side effects of the treatment you recommend?
- Who will be available to help me cope with any side effects?
- How long is each cycle of chemotherapy or targeted therapy?
- How many radiotherapy treatments will I have?
- How long will I be having treatment for overall?
- Where will I have the treatment?
- Will I be an out patient or will I have to stay in hospital at all?
- How often will you see me once my treatment is finished?
- What should I be looking out for?
- What do I do if I’m concerned about a new symptom?
- Should I have any regular tests? If so, what are they and how often should I have them?
- I have a stent – how do I know it’s working properly?
- Who can help me manage any long term cancer symptoms or treatment side effects?
Content last reviewed: October 2022
Next review date: October 2025